Don’t you think that Korean makeup is the most suitable make up style for summer? In my opinion, Korean make up style will give our faces the most natural look under the sun.
And so….My theme for today’s make up is “LOOKING NATURAL”. So remember girls, apply everything lightly… not too much please… it won’t look nice under the sun.
Now, I will share with you all on how I did my Korean look for this summer.
- Apply daily skincare (toner, serum, moisturizer) and primer before any make up. (Primer: Missha BB Boomer)
- Why BB cream and NOT foundation? Because BB cream contains more vitamins and UV to protect your skin from the sun. In terms of texture, BB cream is less “cakey” compared to foundation… Which is perfect for our summer natural look! (BB cream: IOPE BB Cushion #C21)
- But, since BB cream doesn’t have a high, full coverage like foundation does, you might need to use a concealer to cover all your dark spots and acne.
- Apply loose powder all over the face especially on the most oily area of your face, therefore acting as a setting powder (Loose powder: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder; Fair/Light)
Tips for Korean eyebrow: Draw a smooth flat line along the bottom of the brow, and outline a smooth little arch for the top of your eyebrow. Fill it with eyebrow mascara.
(Eyebrow Pencil: TonyMoly Easy Touch; Brown)
(Eyebrow mascara: Etude House Colour My Brow; #1)
- Apply crayon eye shadow (Nature’s republic ECO Crayon eyes; #1) all over the eyelid. Enhance the color by dabbing some powder eye shadow color on top of it (Too faced Natural eyes pallete; Color is Silk Teddy). Blend it nicely.
- Using a darker colour on the outer corner of the eye for gradient. Do not put too much, because remember you want to achieve a natural look. (Too faced Natural eyes pallete; Color is Cashmere Bunny)
- Pencil Eyeliner along the tight lines (Stilla waterproof eyeliner; dark brown)
- Gently draw a winged eyeliner along your upper lashline, but keep the wing horizontal. (Recommendation: wing is no longer than 3 mm) (Dolly Wink liquid liner; Dark Brown)
- Using a lighter brown eyeliner, draw a halfway line along your lower lashline (Faceshop Make me Star waterproof Gel liner; #102)
- Add some more effect by applying a bright sparkly Tear liner on the inner corner of your eyes and halfway across the lower lashline. This creates a highlighting effect to your eyes (TonyMoly Crystal lovely eyes; Gold)
- Curl your lashes and apply your favourite mascara on the lashes
- Dab a light Blush (pink or orange color will work) on your cheekbone. Do not put too much as the colour will pop up even more under the sun (Millani; Corallina)
- Using a small contour brush, create an outline starting from your inner brow then all the way down vertically towards end of your nose. Blend the contour lines nicely. (NYC Bronzer)
- Highlight the bridge of your nose and upper cheeks just above your blush to add glow to your face (Benefit; Watt’s Up)
- Apply red lip tint with a cotton bud. Korean girls love gradient lips by applying the darkest red colour on the inner lips and go lighter towards the outer lips.
Here is a snapshot of the products I used today:
Thank you for reading girls.. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial for today.